View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A real life case study on why schemes mean nothing if CFM AI cant coach/manage (l

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
You lost me at Tiki Barber

Ronde Barber.

Plus, he was wrong about how long it took Gruden to win the Super Bowl. He did it in his FIRST year in Tampa Bay.

Also, he's wrong about when/where the Tampa Bay 2 came from. It really was an evolution of the defense of the 1970s Steelers (for whom Dungy played), but was crafted and perfected by Dungy in the 1990s at the LATEST. Said Dungy: "My philosophy is really out of the 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers playbook"

Also, usually that defense was strong against the pass and weak against the run. For the 2002 Tampa Bay defense (2nd most underrated defense of all time, behind the 1991 Eagles in terms of being overlooked), they were 1st in pass defense but 5th in run defense (but note that their yards allowed per play was lower than the 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens). They were simply cursed with the 27th best offensive rushing attack, which put them on the field a lot, resulting in more points. But I'd take them with any of those defenses.

Went off topic. Anyway, the 2006 Colts were last in run defense, but 2nd in pass defense. If I recall watching them, their weakness was up the middle, not on the edges.

Anyway, yeah, wrong Barber twin.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.