Old 06-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #32
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
It depends on how long the QB animation is and if it is the same lengthy action every time. I feel like changing a route or 2 within a play should be quick but switching a play should have more animation because it is a bigger deal.

I will be pretty irritated if there are 5 seconds on the clock and i am in no huddle and try to do a hot route and the QB goes into a 5 second animation. That is unrealistic and actually reduces immersion IMO. Alot of times you see Brady just make a quick hand motion for a hot route that takes less than 1 second.

Has there been any mention of tweaking ID the Mike? I never felt that was fleshed out enough and ended up not using it. Getting to the section to make the ID always gave me problems and i would have to bail out and just snap the ball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Changing routes in a no huddle situation is unrealistic. Real NFL teams have simple code numbers or words for no huddle plays, the qb yells it out as they get to the line, and the ball is snapped ASAP.

In fact “hot routes” as done in Madden is rarely done in the NFL. Usually they are built in the play, and furthermore, a hot route isn’t just a changing of a route. It’s a hot read in the case of a blitz. I.e., your running back runs a rail route if the OLB blitzes and the qb immediately throws there.

There are instances where qbs will change the PLAY at the line, or call a modifier, but changing individual routes at the line? That’s as rare as a Marino fake spike.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.