View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
Erithtotl
Pro

OVR: 1
What should be my 8th myPlayer?

So we are less than 3 months from 2K19. At this point I'm not going to get seriously into team Pro-Am, though maybe in 2K19. I'm also not that excited about grinding my 93 OVR to 94. I mostly play walk on. With over 100K in the bank, I figure I've got time to try one more build just to get a different play experience and am looking for people's thoughts.

I've tried 7 different myplayers this year.

6'7" slashing playmaker SG, OVR 90 - Not thrilled with this, not quite a good enough finisher, shooter and not quite fast enough. Good passer but a pure point would be better at nearly everything
6'5" pure lockdown PG, OVR 89 - Ugh. You have NO OFFENSE with this build. Can't even realistically bring up the ball
7'3" playmaking rebounder C, OVR 89 - Meh, playmaking adds almost nothing here, basically you are a poor mans pure glass cleaner
6'3" sharpshooting shot creator, PG, OVR 93 - My best myplayer. That said, still too short and too slow to dominate. The sharpshooting doesn't make up for the loss of speed boost that a playmaking SC gets
6'6" Pure point SFOVR 88- Why did I go 6'6"? I think would have been real fun at 6'8". Or better yet, 6'7" Pure point PG
6'9" two-way slasher PF OVR 88 - No threat from outside and often matched with a 7'3" who just guards the paint. Usually not in position to score on the break
6'5" playmaking sharp PG OVR 88 - Wanted to play a real knockdown shooter. But not a huge upgrade over my shot creator, and defense / dribbling much worse

As you can see I like unconventional builds. Unfortunately that usually means they come up sub par. I can see there are a number of really good builds that I haven't tried (athletic rebounder C, 6'5" playmaking SC PG, 6'8" playingmaking SC SF, pure sharp, 6'8"+ pure point. These are the dominant builds in the game I've seen. I could try one of these or something outside the box that people can make a good case for.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove