View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #7
Erithtotl
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: What should be my 8th myPlayer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I have that same archetype at 6'4" and it's one of the best MyPlayers I've made this year.

You have silver posterizer + access to every good driving dunk animation in the game except for the contact dunks. Once you start up a dunk animation, it won't miss unless it gets blocked.

Your screens will hit harder than your average guard due to gold bruiser.

Your off-ball cuts and open floor running are the fastest in the game due to maxed out speed/acceleration ratings.

You'll often snag rebounds and block balls that a smaller player on a different archetype could never reach due to your high vertical rating.

You won't miss many mid-range jump shots as long as you don't stray out any further than the free throw line.

And with bronze dimer you'll be able to accurately deliver every pass that you need to make apart from the full court heaves that only playmaker-primary builds can throw.
Haven't you run into issues with speed with ball and ball handling? I could accept all the other limitations, but I find these as killers. Basically I have to get rid of the ball as soon as someone comes near me as I'm a turnover waiting to happen. The dunks don't really help unless I'm uncontested since there's no contact dunks and I'm so slow with the ball. Finally, as a guard you really need to be able to spread the floor. If the opposing PG can stand right outside the paint and double off of you, you are a liability to the team on offense.