ijumpedthegun
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Everybody's mad.

You loved it all when it was in the non-EA article. Now EA releases the article, and you're mad.

Seriously, if that article had never been released this thread would have a far more positive tone. So they didn't hold anything back the first time around, that doesn't mean the features you liked before got worse. Damn.

Your words scream for transparency but your actions say hold back. And you wonder why Carlos thinks we're impossible to please.
Wrong.

People were optimistic, but needed more details. Some of this stuff simply won't work well on their own without other additions that weren't initially announced. For example, what difference does team-building and scheme-constructing make if the #1 way you acquire the players, the draft, doesn't have a scouting system that goes beyond "We'll tell you his top three attributes"? Now it's even MORE difficult to get a good grasp on the talent level for a receiver because there are more stats you're never going to be privy to until you draft him.

So yeah, there is a shift in tone. But just because you don't understand the reason for the shift doesn't mean it's unreasonable. If EA had just released this article and said "This is what you get," we'd still have a lot of questions and concerns.

Maybe I'm wrong, because I clearly don't have the most negative outlook compared to others in this thread, but for me there was still some stuff that needed tweaking that apparently isn't going to get tweaked at all. Hence the mild disappointment.
Advertisements - Register to remove