Old 06-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #220
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
My question is, if a guy is playing in an offense where there isn't a scheme fit does he play with the lower overall rating??

Here's what I mean. If Derrick Henry plays in an offense geared to receiving backs does he play with his natural power back 84 OVR or his receiving back 68 OVR?

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

Ovr rating doesn't dictate how he plays. Never has. It's just a quick glance at how good a player is (based on Madden's formula) to make it easier to digest all the ratings involved. What scheme does it create new Madden Ovr formulas for each one creating specific a Ovr for each scheme. No rating ever gets changed for the player. The formula just changes the Ovr. As far as how they play in game that is dependent on how the offense is run. So if you are running a vertical offense and need a strong arm QB and are using a scrambling QB then yes they will play quite different. The whole point is to try to create players who fit the particular Offense/Defense you are trying to run to maximize you success. In theory you could have a team of very good players but if you are running a scheme that doesn't fit any of them they would not play up to their potential.