adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
@adembroski

You didn't break down the numbers enough. How the NFL draft IRL really works is generally younger players get drafted in the earlier rounds and older guys get drafted in the later rounds. Cause if a guy is good enough to get drafted rounds 1-2 he typically comes out early. When you look at the draft as a whole, that drags the median back some. I ran the numbers last fall comparing Madden draft classes vs real life but lost the spreadsheet so I'm gonna do it all again.

Alright, done. Here's the final results in a spreadsheet. This uses 10 draft classes from Madden and the last 10 real life draft classes (2008-2017) as a comparison.

As you can see, there's a dramatic difference between the early rounds and the late rounds. This is what Madden fails to replicate as they have 24 year olds littered throughout the first few rounds and not nearly enough 21 year olds in the first two rounds.
I agree, I haven't finished any of this. Perhaps the high level impression is inaccurate. Lots more work to do. Before I start my own work. I'm going to break the draft down into 3rds of a round, so 21 categories.

EAs classes wont mean **** once our peeps start releasing classes.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-14-2018 at 11:09 PM.