View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #7
Kakdaddy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

Super disappointed with the information presented in this part 2. Let me preface by saying I really appreciate the tone though coming from Ben. He didn't make excuses or provide some of the typical run around when admitting that certain features aren't changed this year and overall the level of transparency has been NIGHT AND DAY compared to last year when we didn't get any information, gameplay or a peep from EA until just a few weeks before release. This team listens and clearly wants to communicate and interact with this very passionate community.

That said I can't say I'm happy to see that scouting and contracts both remain completely unchanged, companion app still doesn't do anything other than advance the league and I'm not holding my breath that formation subs actually work this year with custom playbooks or in general or even stops flipping the formation to a mirror image of it. No coordinators either. These are major issues that have been passed over year after year.

I do want to end my post though with optimism rather than hate/pessimism though because I personally really like many of the other updates, especially schemes, archtypes and thank the dear holy lord for the new progression system to prevent cheesing in player progression. This will really play so much better in my 32 man cfm. I liked the gameplay of 18 and had fun playing the game in my cfm. I felt it was probably the strongest effort from the gameplay side that we've had in YEARS and think the other gameplay changes will only tighten up a good situation on both sides of the ball plus the 11 new attributes further clarify ratings which I like a ton (even if some of them used to exist it is good that we finally have those areas back in blocking). I really look forward to playing this year's game I just wish that we had more information and assurance that the major areas of need listed above will be addressed next year which we don't have. Scouting and contracts desperately need a major overhaul and its been the same since Madden 15.