Old 06-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #18
Unlucky 13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texranger
What gets me is...all the stuff that's been TAKEN out of Franchise over the years.

For example, Remember the "training camp mini drills"? Or the Tony Bruno radio show? Or "highlights" from other games (gotta go a long way back for that one...on the Sega Genesis)? or somewhere in Franchise mode you could see who won the Super Bowl each year in YOUR Franchise (as well as previous winners prior to that Madden version).

I'm missing several others I'm sure...and I know it wouldn't be the same in today modern Madden...but can you imagine an update to some of those features (and others I know I'm forgetting) today?

The other thing I'm worried about is...Well I hope the PC version isn't a "stripped" down version of the Console version. I don't get the impression that it is....but this is EA we're talking about....

"Oh yeah, guys, umm, BTW the PC version has exhibition games only"...Gulp...lol

I would like to see it confirmed that the PC version is the full version

Just sayin...
Others know more about the background details, I'm sure. But when things moved from the PS2 to the PS3 (and XBOX to 360), the game was basically torn to the ground. Everything at had been done, everything that had existed, was no longer valid. They rebuilt it from the ground up, which took three years to get an even adequate product, and apparently there are reasons behind the scenes where things that to us seem VERY simple and minor are somehow so complicated and resource consumptive that they don't have space for them any more, or at least thats been the excuse.

But having said all of that....come on. Its been 12 years, and we're most of the way through TWO console cycles. I have a difficult time believing that in all that time, no one has been able to figure out a way to integrate everything back into the game.