Old 06-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #331
howboutdat
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
IMHO regression and progression should have absolutely NOTHING to do with stats and should instead be tied to HC ratings, OC/DC ratings (need those in the game), Position coach ratings (need those in the game), player DEV ratings, and practice/training, and maybe playing experience. Nothing else.

How many 2000 yard running backs come back and do it again? None of them. Because they don't magically get better because they had a great year. They have a great year because they (and their team) had already gotten better. That and a lot of things went their way.

Putting up stats doesn't make you better. Never has, never will.

Yes, and honestly its one of my biggest issues with a stat based xp system to progress players. No coach has ever said " Jim needs 50 more yards receiving so he can improve his catching in traffic ability." There is nothing realistic about that at all. I get why they have it this way, but its not a realistic way. Most guys get better thru training , practicing with team , studying film , etc.

Sorry if this was addressed earlier in this thread, but ive not had time to read over the 30 pages .

In past maddens there has been ( on average) 2-4 pretty good players per position ( some on lower end to 1 in some drafts). I am kinda curious now though with these schemes in place to make some difference. They seem to be focusing on you would want to draft guys to fit your scheme which is cool. However it makes me wonder ( as an online commish) - Will there be more than 2-4 pretty good players per position . Like will there be 2 good possession catching , 2 deep threat , 3 red zone threat, 2 slot receivers ? Or will it just be 2-4 total in wr group and possibly your scheme does not have one of them?

I can see a positive and negative for both ways here. Just curious if this is something that a dev has answered and i missed it or not ?Personally i hope nothing there has changed to make people really have to think of new ways in which they draft, instead of just going with the fastest, or strongest.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 06-16-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove