Old 06-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #47
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Me personally, I am getting tired of the excuses. I know he didn't use the excuse of resources/dev team size in this specific instance but this has been the madden dev team go to excuse for years.

Madden makes hundred of millions of dollars for EA every year (don't let them lie to you). Why else would they host madden bowls and other tournaments with cash rewards. This game is turning a profit literally every single year. I am not even get started on how much ultimate team brings in for them.

If EA wasn't so greedy and just increased the dev team and resource money for just one cycle I am sure they could gain ground on knocking out several legacy issues such as contracts. They would not even come close to taking a loss for that one dev cycle.

Honestly I am super on the fence about buying this year (haven't missed a year in almost 22 years). I am thinking about speaking with my wallet for a change. I roll my eyes everytime I hear the resources financials excuse. There is absolutely now reason on this generation of consoles the highest grossing American sports game, and second most grossing sports game overall should have a franchise mode light years behind other games.

Ben may very well care, burn EA absolutely does not and they have final say. As long as ultimate scheme keeps churning out money like a money printing machine their attitude will always be "what for ?"
I'm not being sarcastic with this. Please do this and be vocal about it.

If something like contracts means that much to you, you should absolutely speak with your wallet. I wish more people would do that here instead of just complaining on OS and buying the game at full price.

I'm buying the game because the way I play franchise, contracts dont really matter and the rest of the new features are improvements for my kind of play. If it wasnt, I would do the same as you.