Old 06-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #50
briz1046
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
To be honest, Schindler's List came out 25 years ago. I cant recall a similar movie like that people "flocked to see" in probably 10-15 yrs.

The numbers speak for themselves. The top video games are ones that are geared towards being fun (in the casual definition). The top movies are too.
Valid point , my point remains though that other media ( movies, tv , written forms) happily offer up more thoughtful content whilst vying for our leisure time , that's no reason video games shouldn't

To bring this back to Madden though I'm pretty sure there was never any discussion regarding introducing RPM where devs considered not doing it in case people felt it woudn't be fun , maybe I'm wrong though?
Likewise, (again I could easily be off the mark here as I've never played it) but my understanding is , in UT , it is readily accepted people will grind through various drills/ challenges to ' level up or earn rewards , but ask them to do , what would be similar activities , in a training situation in CFM wouldn't be fun