Old 06-16-2018, 01:24 PM   #52
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Valid point , my point remains though that other media ( movies, tv , written forms) happily offer up more thoughtful content whilst vying for our leisure time , that's no reason video games shouldn't

To bring this back to Madden though I'm pretty sure there was never any discussion regarding introducing RPM where devs considered not doing it in case people felt it woudn't be fun , maybe I'm wrong though?
Likewise, (again I could easily be off the mark here as I've never played it) but my understanding is , in UT , it is readily accepted people will grind through various drills/ challenges to ' level up or earn rewards , but ask them to do , what would be similar activities , in a training situation in CFM wouldn't be fun
This exact point has been made repeatedly and still holds true, EA Tib does whatever they want to do and these supposed excuses are illogical reasoning after the fact, imo. For example any claim that what EA has chosen to do with Madden is justified for profit is illogical when other games are making profit, in competitive markets no less, taking different approaches. If I'm not mistaken MUT has been revealed to be the cash cow for EA, so I fail to see how Madden being a better representation of real football would make that mode less fun and lucrative.

I have wondered if "fun" was just a cheaper investment than authenticity and even though there may be something to that, when I see the seeming resources put into stuff like Longshot, I honestly don't know why EA created this divisive strawman of fun and authenticity being at odds in a sports simulation video game.