View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
RetroDee4Three
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Best Tennis Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
OK, so I know the two games out there TWT and AO. I've seen some vague statements about how AO is so much better after patches, etc. Here's all I'm looking to do: create myself, play a career mode type mode, and that's it. No online play, no anything else. I'd like the most pros in my career as possible. I think in AO you can download a bunch of people and they'll be in your career mode. Does anyone have any advice? I played Virtua Tennis back in the day and loved it, not sure I have played a tennis game since. Thanks!
I would get AO for the gameplay, customization (The create a player in TWT is bare bones, WAY more options in AO, and AO has face scan), and community. My brother just got it for PS4 and I have it for PC, the PS4 community is actually quite large (Top guy on the leaderboard has something like 1000 match wins). I know you stated you didn't care about online mode, but if you wanted to take your character into online matches after you develop him in career mode, it would be solid. The pace in AO is more realistic than TWT. TWT boasts a deeper career mode, though. However, if you just care about playing tournaments/grand slams, and climbing to number 1 while upgrading your attributes, AO is more than acceptable. I never liked the mini-games, practices in between that some games make you do. You can also share Players/Venues/Logos cross platform. I made a Sampras on PC, and my brother downloaded him on PS4. He made a Roddick on PS4, I downloaded on PC. I recommend AO, it's really underrated.