View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #47
davep
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Video - Texans vs. Seahawks (SGO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I could scream every time I see this.

Wind direction changes every other year because half the people don't know how wind direction indicators work, so the moment you "fix" it for half of the users, the other half become confused.

The arrow for wind direction SHOULD point INTO the wind. IE if the wind is blowing north-to-south, the arrow should point north. It was like this in Madden 12, people whined because they apparently have never seen a weather vein or watched the weather channel, so we flipped it. Then the non-ignorant people started complaining.

No matter which way they do it, half the people who play bitch that the wind is wrong.
I can understand your frustration to a point but I think it's misguided. If you put your current weather arrow in front of 100 people, I bet 90 of them would say the red arrow is pointing the way the wind is blowing to, not from. The small minority think it is the opposite. As others have stated, a wind sock or other simple measure would eliminate the confusion.

At the beginning of the game there is no context in regard to the wind so I just hit a random button and just deal with it. That was just poor programming.

At the end of a day it's just a video game.