Old 06-18-2018, 04:32 PM   #19
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 19: More on Franchise Mode's Additions and Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I dont like how he said they made every draft class balanced so theres players available in each archetype. he also said they wouldnt want your league to become all strong arm QBs just because of random draft generation. but why? thats how it is in real life. not every draft has a perfect allotment of 3-4 linebackers as 4-3, scrambling QBs to pocket passers etc. and that can have a big effect on your league. by making it so every draft is balanced by archetype it makes franchise seem less organic. I rather an 'anything can happen' draft rather then one that feels like prospects are hand picked by the devs so that all the teams running different schemes are guaranteed to find a prospect that fits.
In another interview I heard him say that some drafts will have more of one type of player than others, but that you won't have a draft where there are little to no players of a certain archetype. In 18 there would be drafts where there were literally zero 3-4 tackling LBs available, or two blocking TEs.

In real life teams can pick a a college player who is totally off the radar of the other teams, because they feel like he is a perfect fit for what they want to do. Since the game is limited to something like 450 players in every draft, IMO it is fine that they manipulate the player types to allow for a fair number of every archetype because the game has probably less than 20% of the actual number of players that teams could draw from.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.