Old 06-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #26
howboutdat
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 19: More on Franchise Mode's Additions and Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
This exact topic came up in one of the franchise threads. Just about everyone agreed that changing schemes and/or playbooks every week to manipulate the XP system would be completely unrealistic and shouldn't be allowed in online leagues.

It's a little concerning to see one of the devs advocating this. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of finding players who fit your scheme in the first place?
Yes , this right here was one of my first concerns when hearing about the ability to change schemes. While on the one hand i get it, at times a coach may change his scheme, its not often its done mid season ( barring some major injury to a key star ). As an online commish, i tend to have a radar for "potential issues" with their new stuff and this one really had me trying to think " how are we going to be able to combat this possible abuse of the system."

Id love to see( but prob wont happen until 2025) a tool for commish to choose how often people can change schemes ( kinda of like progression for cpu, you can set when they use xp). Start of season only , start and mid season, anytime........ That way at least the commish would have some control over that . Outside of that , guess only way to know is to check players attributes and see if guys are being " well rounded" and not just for the scheme they are currently in ( alot of work ). Sometimes the things they overlook makes me

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Instead we're just getting a step in the right direction to make us feel like they understand what we want and they'll expand on it, but history shows that isn't the case with this franchise.

This is what bothers me the most. Still waiting 3 years later for gameplanning to be more in depth than just based on playcalls from last weeks first down play calls by your opponent. Still waiting for more functionality from the companion app , etc. If you add something , that you know needs more depth to it, why not finish it out the next year, or two. Set some people aside and say " here you work on fully fledging this out ." Instead of adding something else that was half done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I dont like how he said they made every draft class balanced so theres players available in each archetype. he also said they wouldnt want your league to become all strong arm QBs just because of random draft generation. but why? thats how it is in real life. not every draft has a perfect allotment of 3-4 linebackers as 4-3, scrambling QBs to pocket passers etc. and that can have a big effect on your league. by making it so every draft is balanced by archetype it makes franchise seem less organic. I rather an 'anything can happen' draft rather then one that feels like prospects are hand picked by the devs so that all the teams running different schemes are guaranteed to find a prospect that fits.
Another thing i was wondering about upon first news . I posted in another thread. Now i didnt notice he said that there will be 2-4 players per archetype that will come out of the draft really good. But at the same time, by him implying they didnt want the league full of one type , most likely that dont matter if half are riding the bench. So that makes me feel like there will be 2-4 good players per archetype and thus making draft classes a bit better than they should be. Of course, this is not known yet until someone gets their hands on it and tests it out.So i hope my gut feeling on this is wrong, but time will tell.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel