Old 06-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #39
vannwolfhawk
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Ben is a company man. I think he gives answers like we couldn't, or it wasn't technically possible because he can't throw the publisher under the bus. I think the truth is EA does not want to allocate anymore than the bare minimum resources.

I have been in business for 15 years and honestly what EA does is smart business. Granted, bad for the consumer but great for EA. Why allocate more resources to overcome technical/ budgetary issues when you don't have to. The game is going to make hundreds of millions of dollars profit regardless. Why shrink your already huge profit margins by allocating more resources when people are going to buy the game regardless.

I had such high hopes when madden 25 came out. Sure it was the most stripped down madden in almost 10 years, but EA kept saying they were going to keep building on it for the new generation of consoles. I can honestly say in the 5 years since that game has come out, while yes there has been progress it has been incremental.

I dunno maybe my expectations are to high. But it's hard not to feel let down when games like NBA 2k and FIFA do it so well, yet Americas biggest sport feels so far behind.
I agree with your points. What I have a tough time understanding is that Madden has a huge developing team compared to other games and even 2k. This year IMO is very limited in features or things that were added. I can think of 5-10. Yet 2k adds 50-100 new things every year then builds on them in the following years. But with only a few big features added does it really take all year to develop those features with the whole team? Then we get a crazy bug filled EA play (their words). I just feel like there is a lot of down time in the EA offices with a lot of beer pong and cornhole being played to kill time. With such a huge team of devs and such limited features added it’s hard to understand. Maybe after EA got sued for not paying employees overtime they eliminated overtime all together? Who knows... everything about this game year to year is underwhelming though for me compared to what other games do. Maybe 2k set my expectations too high. It’s funny every year when 2k releases their blogs how many Madden players pop in and say wow I’m jealous, EA take note, etc... maybe 1 day they do???