reverend_heat
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Play Video Critiques or Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=yjhAfTneFq8

I just watched that video, aside from the OP aggressive catch mentioned, I really liked the catch/reach tackle stuff, it adds such an organic sensible look to catches. What I immediately notice lacking is that the intended receiver still didn't become the defender/access pass defense animations, like the defender can access catch animations and that defenders aren't touching players down. In the real NFL I notice players not touching players down as much either but the point still stands, that animation playing out more, like the catch/reach tackles, would add more polish.

For me elements like these are sorely needed to make this game flow organically vs those jarring video game moments, like some players still reacting instantly to the whistle blowing like robots or hypnosis.
Can't lie, this video made me a little queasy. :20 mark Tyreek Hill's player model is just, not right I'll say. Plus I think the DB tackling him never actually touches him. Pay particular attention to 1:43, Cam Meredith jumps into the air, spins backwards with both hands in the air, and the ball warps into his hands (again, backwards) for the catch. Discouraging video IMO, and the uploader says at one point 50% of open field RAC catches are 1 handed attempts, and they look "really cool"