Old 06-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #97
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
EA needs to hear the negatives (albeit in a constructive manner). That’s the only way they will add or fix what needs to be added or fixed.
I welcome constructive criticism. I myself have offered it plenty of times. At no point have I ever said Madden is a perfect game. There are plenty of things I want to see in franchise mode in future versions of Madden. Heck, I told Clint Oldenburg to his face at EA PLAY that the M19 build on display felt slow and unresponsive at the line of scrimmage (aside: he did say that that was going to get cleaned up, there were other issues beyond QB signature animations in that build).

Insinuating that the people who make this game are lazy, as you did earlier in this very thread, is not at all constructive.

Quote:
I’d love to your opinion and hear why other games are succeeding and going above and beyond like 2k is in the same yearly cycle that madden has with a considerably smaller dev team?
Well for starters, I think Madden is very clearly succeeding in its own right. The strides the game has made over the past four or five cycles to me has been really impressive, particularly as a competitive game. I also haven't felt compelled to purchase an NBA 2K game recently, so I don't necessarily agree that they are succeeding above and beyond because nothing they've done has captured my interest. Based on what I have seen and read, however, I do consider NBA 2K to be a better single-player experience than Madden for a number of reasons.

In short, my response is that I see both games succeeding in different ways.