Old 06-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #145
vannwolfhawk
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Okay. But are you telling your players stuff because they do not know, or because you are reminding them what to look for and how to react? Sounds like in 2K the user has to manually tell the players how to do something, outside base AI logic, because they will not respond according to ratings alone, as opposed to reminding players.

I think from a game perspective, it should be fun. I do not know if you would be hard on a game, especially if you understand that it is just a game.
I’m telling my players what I see and making an adjustment throughout a game as things change. For example we have a set way in scouting a team in how we want to play them by sagging off this player, he’s a shooter stay attached, hedge ball screens, any big to big exchanges we will switch, guards exchanges don’t switch as we have a undersized pg we don’t want getting stuck in a mismatch on the block against their big guard. We want to have help defense from the weakside at the stop line. Well In a game that changes obviously. The player who can’t shoot and we were sagging off of in our original gameplan just hit 3 3’s in a row. Player looks at me saying what do you want? Timeout... we adjust... lol same thing with 100 more scenarios. My 20 years of coaching and 18 of playing is far more knowledge then my 21 year old players.

As far as if I’m hard or not on a game I want a simulation game and everything I’d see in a real game. I don’t want arcade 360 catches by wr I saw in a video today or the sounds the rb’s make every step they make. I constantly post wishlists, critiques of 2k and things they can improve on. Shoot, this last year the 2k roster guy (beds) took all my tendency ratings and applied it to the main roster. Funny thing is 2k has 5-6 OS guys on staff. Me and 23 were going back in forth earlier this year about things and he was working with 2k on some things. I’m critical of 2k and madden as I love both sports...
Advertisements - Register to remove