Old 06-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #176
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yep, I agree with this, I mentioned the different philosophies several pages back, one company is aggressive and one company is conservative.

Historically speaking, I don't see that process changing anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
NBA 2k18 was the 2nd best selling game of 2017

https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/18/n...s-of-the-year/

The game clearly has mass appeal. An NBA game that came out in September at number 2! Not only does it have mass appeal (casuals), but it is also deep enough to satisfy hardcore "sim" heads as well as franchise types like myself and any and everything in between. My Park and Pro Am and My Team are the most popular modes, as is the industry standard, still there's something for everyone. I firmly believe that's why an NBA is doing unprecedented numbers.

I hate how people talk like these things are mutually exclusive. They are not, you can do both and still be a commercial smash. I'm not stupid enough to believe that having a sandbox MyLeague is the reason. But it doesn't hurt. Neither does having a story driven MyGM. It doesn't hurt, though. Having Czar and Scot OG designing the offense and defense, respectively isn't the reason. It doesn't hurt though. Then having Sam Pham "exploit" on aspect or the other and having them catch up. It only adds to the end product at the end of the day.

Madden is 4th, so its not struggling. Their model is successful as well. That's why I see very little reason for them to change things up. You can see from 2Ks basketball comp that the companies are just different philosophically. They tout "engines" and tech like infinity and ignite ( and living worlds), I remember "bounce-tek" for one of the Lives, and now Frostbite. It's not innovative. Madden is a good enough game even without innovating much yearly to stand on its own. NFL is king. The other game can't, so it died and is still struggling because of the snails pace they innovate.
I guess the argument is "Look at everything that 2K does or did 15 years ago, Madden needs to get their **** together and follow suit" As you guys say EA has a completely different philosophical approach so that isn't going to happen, now okay then what's the next discussion point. For some there isn't one, so round and round we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
This is interesting; especially the last part. I've been coming here for over a decade and and during that time games like Live and The Show have dropped from my gaming catalog for various reasons. I don't care for those games anymore and typically don't visit those sections on the forums either. Now, I know everyone isn't me and vice versa, but I find it comical the same handful of guys that are and have been done with Madden and EA find there way back to this section around this time of the year. Every. Year.

It's like the guy scrambling to pick up his phone when it rings after he's dumped thinking it's his ex. Maybe the game really isn't for you anymore for whatever reason?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
At the the end of day it come down to the same arguments, love of football games, and the license exclusivity. So even those who have abandoned the game will be sure to come in and get their pound of flesh. It is what it is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.