Old 06-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #218
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It makes me laugh to read this and see that you play Madden. The one sports game out there between soccer, football, baseball, and basketball that has the most bare-bones franchise mode between them all. It has nothing on Fifa or NBA 2k and it is still behind The Show despite the show stumbling over itself the last 2 or 3 years now. Don't even get me started on comparing the franchise modes between Madden and Out of the Park. It's not even fair.
I will repeat myself one more time: online franchise is what I care about in console sports games. I currently play Madden with my friends who are scattered across the country in a manner and depth which is not yet replicable in other modern sports games. If other games have franchise features which are not included in their respective online franchise modes, those features do not matter to me as a consumer.

How many of those games you referenced have an online franchise mode remotely close to Madden's? NBA 2K's MyLeague Online feature set doesn't come close to matching its far more in-depth offline and single player modes, and Madden's CFM feature set easily eclipses that of MyLeague Online, last I read. MLB The Show just dropped online franchise entirely, so that's out. As far as I know, FIFA does not have an online Manager / Career mode, so throw that one out too. NHL, I've never looked at because I don't care about hockey, and NBA Live does have online franchise but I've never really given that game a fair look either way.

With respect to online franchise functionality, only the on-hiatus NCAA Football came close to what Madden offers now (and NCAA Online Dynasty was fantastic).

And yes, obviously text simulators are a different gameplay experience which shouldn't be compared to console sports titles.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-20-2018 at 04:37 PM. Reason: grammar