View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #226
goillini03
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Compare away, sure, but we also have to understand what each game is because the fact that Madden offers that control makes all the difference in the damn world from a unity of design standpoint.

Every mechanic in Madden's franchise mode works cohesively with the fact that you the user do possess direct agency over the game result and it is a better total-package experience because the design of franchise mode's mechanics are mindful of that sort of direct-user-control experience Madden offers.

Text simulators can't and don't offer that direct on-field agency, so they offer control in different ways. They typically offer more levers on the AI black box to pull, and pulling those levers in different ways indirectly influences the game simulation. Madden can be played as a text simulator, yes, but it doesn't offer the same number or depth of levers because Madden is intended to be played differently on account of the user agency it offers on the field.

If we're still talking about whether what my interests are as a consumer are valid - to the extent that it matters - my friends have neither the interest nor the patience to play text simulators, so they're still out for me.

I have said many times that Madden's single-player franchise experience is very dry and I understand why people complain about it to that end.

What makes the multi-user online experience less dry than the single player experience in franchise? I play with three friends and it is severely lacking. Just curious.