Old 06-20-2018, 06:02 PM   #232
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's simple, OOTP doesn't strive to have on the field gameplay, but Madden does strive to bring a deep franchise mode. When both games have a similar mode that has the same idea behind it, it is fair to compare them. My whole point is that the fact that I can control a QB in Madden has no burden on whether or not the CFM guys can get accurate contracts. The fact that OOTP doesn't try to have the same type of gameplay on the field is irrelevant to the argument. It isn't like the same team is working on gameplay and CFM for Madden so there is no reason to compare the game's on field gameplay. It is fair to compare both of their franchise modes when both are striving for a deep mode and both have teams dedicated to those modes solely.
Isn't it possible that the Madden game focus has changed over the years? Maybe the depth of CFM has been sacrificed for Longshot and online gameplay, yes? Therefore, a comparison may not be fair because the game that Madden is becoming is less CFM depth and more online depth. Maybe Madden is no longer striving for an in-depth CFM?

I would like to see more depth in CFM. I would like to see CFM be a little more immersive in its atmosphere. I have come to the conclusion that more of Longshot's core abilities will be transferred into CFM over the next 3 years or so.