Old 06-20-2018, 11:27 PM   #240
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@adembroski, how much of those realities for producing a highlight show are unique to Madden? I'm a programming layman but it seems to me a general foundation and framework needs to be laid for whatever is done in any game. The issue with Madden, in regard to what Ben stated about wrap up shows and whatnot, is the seeming lack of understanding that gamers are wanting elements that bring the Franchise mode to life, not just some specific wishlist item of video highlights. In NFL2k5 for PS2 there were no video highlights, yet the Sportscenter show itself was still immersive and effective at bringing the mode to life.

You've been behind the curtain, what in your opinion is the reason when seeming conventional wisdom, common sense and precedence isn't applied to the development, design and decision making for Madden?
Objection, you're leading the witness. I don't accept the premise of the question.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.