View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 11:43 PM   #199
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Leaked Madden 19 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I personally don't think 2k5 was perfect, and I don't think many other people do from the posts I read that bring up the game. People bring up the positives we would like to see when discussing Madden because, why would you bring up the negatives? We don't want those in Madden, lol, Madden has plenty of its own issues.

Personally I would just like a better balance with Madden's animations in control, because there are plenty of times, I don't have control and the game is ugly. I'd rather atleast have it look realistic if I'm going to lose control. There is no excuse for some of the UGLY stuff that is still in Madden to this day. That's my issue. No 2k5 or 2k8 weren't perfect by any means, but they had things in Madden we'd like to see by now, that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
If talking about gameplay APF made 2k5 irrelevant, certainly madden is better then 2k5 it has been for some time, but hasn’t surpass APF 2k8, Madden probably does have better zone and blocking rules, but all that is mute because player interactions are so poor, and in football interactions and physicality matter a whole lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

So unless you want to go back to long, unbreakable animations that completely lock out control, accept that Madden's gonna be a little bit more jerky just because that's the price of control in some cases.
Where is this magical "user control" you speak of in Madden? The user control in Madden is beyond atrocious, along with the fact that it looks awful when things play out. There are literally no pass rush moves - it's all BS quick time events that involve patty caking an OL-men. When I try to run through a hole, I can feel a tugging on the controller as an animation sucks my HB into tackles. When I throw passes, it is pre determined that it will go directly to a defender who is standing flat footed, hunched over. What about when you are on defense and you push and hold Y to make a play and your DB will just stand there with a force field around him not allowing him to make a play? Let's not forget the horrendous motion shifting the players have to do "snap" into place on their rails to have an interaction when the ball is in the air. Sometimes the DB and WR will slide 5 yards. It looks and feels terrible. While there may be things under the hood in Madden that have surpassed older games (and why shouldn't they? That's not an impressive feat given today's technology), it certainly doesn't look or feel like it. Your post was a very fair one outside of the user control part. That is simply not true. What really hurts madden is that the control still sucks AND the context in which many of the animations play out look awful and don't fit the situation. Even in the Madden 19 videos I still see a guy get cut, then magically pop up and make a tackle or a block.

There's also no excuse for a broken challenge system, the missing penalties along with offsets, flags on the field, true interactive sidelines and authentic presentation. No one should be talking about 10 and 14 year old games at all at this point with respect to ANY aspect of the game.

EDIT: You guys are right, that soundtrack was atrocious LOL.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 06-20-2018 at 11:45 PM.