Old 06-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #278
Rocky
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Agreed. I'd assume the overwhelming majority of players wouldn't even know the assistants of their favorite team so if Madden had the positions, but not real coaches in there not many would complain. If they were editable and shareable with the roster then it would also help alleviate any issues.

There does seem to be more of a disconnect than I realized with things like this. Even here on OS I would imagine most of us would want them in even if it meant they were all fictional people. Let us edit them completely and share them and we'd all be happy.

It seems the devs cannot understand what the community is looking for in these features and they think they require so much more to be happy and it just isn't true. That may be where "they're so hard to please" lines come from all of the time. They think we want feature A with B, C, and D tacked onto it when really feature A in a basic form is all we really want and wouldn't mind to see it be added to over the years.
Exactlu what I was getting at. Coaching staffs are such a big part of a football organization in general, it's almost inconceivable that they're not in the game in 2018.

That's not to mention scouts, public relations/marketing people, agents, local television/media, national television/media, alumni, etc.

It's just sad to think of what Franchise could be compared to what Madden thinks it should be for whatever reason. I have my theories (ultimately, no matter what they say, EA doesn't want you to devote time in a Franchise...they want you to play MUT) but at some point I've accepted the vision they have.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa