Old 06-21-2018, 12:43 PM   #287
vannwolfhawk
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBarber
Exactly. There’s so many things fundamentally wrong and just not football that is in madden that makes playing h2h against randoms unbearable for me. I strictly play madden for my online CFM because we try to actually play football and not this madden mess we have now.

The game is completely based on this game balance concept where something that you do HAS to have an equal and opposite counter to it that makes it a huge wacky cluster of nonsense. This is football, if you make the foundation based on the fundamentals of football and then add college/NFL layers to it then you don’t need to have every situation be “this has to happen or that has to happen.” In sports it’s rarely one thing happens or the other, it’s a mix of a lot of factors that gives a predictable unpredictability which makes it fun to play and watch.
I agree with you to a point. But I do think everything needs a counter. The way madden does things is they add something like the RB jukes last year and they make it overpowered. They fixed it this year supposedly and added the strafe 1 cut to counter. That’s great yet a year lossed with it being OP. This year they add push the pile for offense yet how do we counter that? Why can’t I do the same thing with my LB and we can truly fight for every inch? Some route concepts in certain zones you couldn’t stop which is why again a year later they fixed it with trips and bunch turning into mable. Certain routes being OP because man coverage is broke. OK well band aid it until you get it right and make shading work as intended.

You are right though and I’m with you as far as build foundation and fundamentals properly and counters like above might not be needed. But for now I think counters most definitely are needed or we end up in offensive shootouts unless you heavily adjust sliders...