Old 06-21-2018, 03:54 PM   #299
jeremym480
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
wow, a whole whopping 4 items made it in... Wait until NBA 2k drops their blogs. It will be 50-100 new items, just like last year. They actually have nearly all of the actual contract types and rules specified in their CBA. We don't even have an injury system in Madden. Hell, all of the rules aren't even there. I don't think people who don't play other sports games realize how far behind madden really is. It's 10 years easily, and that would be for a dev team that could crank things out. It might be 20 with Tiburon.
One reasons I think 2k gets in so much is they actually have devs who are from OS and devs who actually play Myleague/MyGM so they want a deep experience. Their devs come here and actually get feedback from us. I don't know for sure but EA's devs play their franchise but if they do, I would really be surprised if it's offline.

Another thing is that one of 2k's MyLeague/MyGM producers/designers (Davez) has posted a wish list thread here on OS every year for the past four years. You can actually take those wish list and compare them to the MyLeague/MyGm blogs each year and see that they actually take our feedback and implement the majority of the items requested into the game. He also sticks around and gets feedback from us when the blog is released and after the game drops. He has even taken some of our ideas and gotten them into the game after the blog came out but before release.

I'd love to see one of EA's guys do the same thing as Davez. If they could start knocking out a punch list of things that the community requests like 2K has then maybe Madden's franchise slowly but surely get up to par someday... And I'm not taking about in super difficult stuff. Just things like CBA, injuries, and coaches (even if they're just cosmic at first).

It does seem like maybe they're starting to listen. Like Roadman said, they got in the items from T4Verts' survey. That's certainly a start but they have a long, long way to go.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans