Old 06-22-2018, 03:20 PM   #73
saintrules
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19: Deep Dive Presentation Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
I love the additions, and I think things are progressing in the right direction. With that being said...

The major thing still lacking in presentation is CONTEXT. Don't just tell us what's happening, tell us WHY it's important. Pregame should be all about how THIS game is important to each team's season. If I am in the wild card chase, mention that. Emphasize the need for a win if I am one game out of first late in the season. If I'm 3-11, then make a comment about ending the season with momentum. Star returning from injury or missing the game due to injury? Talk about it. I could go on and on, but you all get it. It's not enough to say that Watson and the Texans are going up against Mariota and the Titans. Yeah, we know that. Tell us why each game is important, and how the outcome will affect the season.

I'm not trying to hate on the additions, I really like the direction presentation is going. Just want to mention what I hope the next steps are.
As it has been since the beginning of time...Madden consistently fails to build off itself.

Year 1 separate from Year 2 separate from Year 15.

The game basically resets itself at the end of each season, even worse, basically each week.