View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #7
ClassicMan
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Good offensive and defensive playbook for Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
How you want to round out your other personnel should be the main determinant of what offense you want to run. I'm not that familiar with the browns roster but you should take a look at the ratings of your FB, TE2, WR3 and decide which personnel group you want to focus on. I'm a firm believer in having your best players on the field as much as possible and only switching up if you are getting shut down or fatigue forces your hand.

Jacksonville (Singleback Y-Trips), Jets or Bills (Singleback Tight Slots), or West Coast (Doubles North) probably feature the best run schemes for 11 personnel and all of them have excellent passing games available which are well documented on YouTube if you need a guide. I also really like Singleback Trips out of the Steelers playbook, but that is more of a pass first book. Y-Trips and Trips are Dive/Stretch schemes and the others are Dive/Toss.

If you want to use 12 personnel then there's tons of good options, more than I could fully catalog here. The best run schemes are probably Wham/Stretch out of Deuce Close and Dive/Stretch out of SB Ace Pair. Both have decent passing plays available. Singleback Wing Stack is also very good and it has two devastating PA passes, PA Fork and PA TE Drag Wheel. Not all playbooks will have both.

Formations with a FB are very niche in my offense,. I really only run them inside the five or short yardage, end of game situations where ball security is more important to me than converting a first down. I don't use any 3 TE sets, either, so I can't be much help if you want to use any of those personnel groups.
Thank you for the suggestions, i mainly want gordan, colemen, the te cant think of his name on the field at all times. The playbooks i have tried are balanced, balanced run heavy, westcoast, and patriots.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app