View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #44
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

Stolen from /r/madden on Reddit. I assume this is the final list of defensive scheme settings in Madden NFL 19 franchise mode. To me this list feels incredibly incomplete and inflexible. In its current state it will detract from what I actually think is a pretty cohesive new feature for franchise.

For example, a 4-3 front press-man Cover 1 scheme (similar to what the Oakland Raiders have used in the past) isn't well represented, because all the 4-3 schemes prefer Zone CBs. Similarly, Dick LeBeau's zone blitz 3-4 front scheme (made famous while he was with the Steelers) is also not well represented, because all the 3-4 front schemes prefer Man-To-Man CBs.

I really hope more options are added before release, because right now I feel like the defensive front I prefer is going to unnecessarily dictate how I develop my secondary and scheme fit is incredibly important this year (your players earn a significant amount of bonus XP in Weekly Training if his best archetype OVR matches your team's scheme preference for that position).