Old 06-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #31
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: A Closer Look at the new Run Game by Eric RayWeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
He's right, it's really hard to see the difference the RPM makes.

Also, I still see very unrealistic down field defender motion. It's scattered throughout the video, but 4:25 is a good example. The RB breaks down field and the defender comes in on a bee-line to the ball carrier. Sometimes defenders do this in the NFL but it would usually be to lay a big shoulder hit into the defender, which isn't what happens here, and it is high risk to try this, especially against someone like Freeman as basically the last defender.

A more realistic approach by the defender would be to come forward and then start to slow and dig in, to prevent being juked out. This bee-line tackling is just not realistic and it really sticks out to me.

Not only this, but the defender does take a bad angle, but isn't penalized at all, despite Freeman trying to juke inside. It just ends up with the weird juke that doesn't seem to actually go anywhere, and defender and ball carrier warping into a tackle. It's disappointing to still see this happening.

Difficulty might have an impact but it looks like the same as we've had since forever.
This is what I noticed as well. Warping tackles that make overpursuing not penalized. Definitely looks like the defense doesn't have this RPM working. And the running back doesn't look like they move much differently either. I've already heard from a couple of people with beta codes that you have to play to feel the difference, but that's exactly what people said the last couple of years. So I'm not expecting much of a difference

Sent from my SM-G920V using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove