Old 06-27-2018, 03:33 PM   #21
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Eh. There are a bunch of good safeties in the NFL today and they all do different things incredibly well. I don't think there is a definitive "best safety" in the NFL right now.

Like, Harrison Smith is awesome and he's easily in this group of awesome safeties, as he's incredible playing downhill against the run (in all facets; positioning, instincts, tackling, the whole deal) and has great instincts in general. However, he doesn't play the deep third quite like Earl Thomas does; he doesn't man up against slot receivers quite like Malcolm Jenkins can; and he's not quite the bonafide athletic stud Eric Berry is.

This is why I wish we could expand on archetypes and reflect real life more by having players that are really strong in certain areas and weak in others. Right now Madden makes too many players too similar. All good safeties are good at the same set of tasks. It removes too much individuality from the game that is sorely needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Why do you keep comparing these guys to retired legends? None of those guys are on the roster.

Edit: nvm post above answers question. Just a matter of preference. But if I wouldn't expect 99 to be reserved for hof guys only if they aren't on the base roster imo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I see your edit, but I want to expand on it anyways.

For me, I want to see a game where a guy as good as Antonio Brown is like an 87. I want your average starter around in the mid 70's. I want some lower end starters in the mid 60's. I want a game where when a once in a generation talent comes he is like a 93. I want where the best player to ever exist is a 96. I want the imaginary best player ever to be a 99.

I want most guys like Ryan Kerrigan to be an 85 because he is one of the best at what he is asked to do, but in real life football, guys are great in certain areas and then have weaknesses elsewhere. This ties into my reply to CM Hooe. I want a guy that is a jack of all trades, but a master of none to be like an 80 overall. I want the best run supporting safety in the in the league to have high 80's maybe even low 90's if he is that good in run supporting attributes, but if he's pretty weak in coverage I want him to have 70's in that area, 60's if he is a real liability there.

I want a Madden where a 86 speed is considered fast, a 96 is unreal, but something the fastest players to ever play have. I want a guy that has 72 run blocking to not be instantly cut and deleted from the game. I want a 73 THP QB to be average not terrible.

I think with a ratings system more spread out with a 90+ player meaning one of the best ever at that position really makes for everyone being more unique and true to their real life counterpart.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 06-27-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove