View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #31
Scamdefencebrah
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
No. This is definitely a better game than 2, UFC 2 did a few things better but its not a better package. Broken thai clinch, broken side control, that ****ing strike multiplier, parries, lead head kicks coming out as fast as a jab, leg kicks being borderline useless, opponents eating multiple spinning head kicks and haymakers with little to no damage, inability to close distance when opponent is rocked, terrible animations on a number of strikes, fewer grappling transitions. 3 > 2

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app

>broken thai clinch
it was easily avoidable though

>strike multiplier , parries and lead head kicks were too fast
true
>chins were too strong
true

However I'll raise you easily on this one

in ufc 2 you could follow people to the ground CONSISTENTLY after knocking them down. There wasn't a 20% chance of you just throwing a jab at the air above them.

Furthermore, in UFC 2 takedowns weren't completely nullified against anybody who was decent. UFC 2 also didn't have strike magnetism where the game decides to handle the footwork for you and slide you forward sometimes an entire foot to land a strike that shouldn't have landed.

UFC 3's standup isn't exactly great either man. You can throw a switch kick faster somehow if you throw a jab first in this game. it's kind of a joke. Now we don't have parries at all, when in reality they should have just removed the counter window. For ****s sakes how often do you see somebody even ATTEMPT a submission in ufc 3? In UFC 2 I would choke dudes out all the time. it's just not viable now. I'm still a relatively high level player but I'm basically forced to stand and bang.
Advertisements - Register to remove