View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #93
mattjames2010
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Not being the most athletic or not having the strongest arm in the league isn't going to keep him from being the best at his position in the NFL, and therefore should not prevent him from being the highest rated QB. With the way EA does their ratings, it means giving him a 99 OVR. I have no problem if they stop dishing out 99 OVR, and instead he's a 94 OVR but still ranked #1.

He hasn't played in a single system. He has played in several different systems throughout his career in the NFL. Unsurprisingly, he has excelled in all of them.

It's clear that you've never watched Gronk play for more than a handful of games each season. His blocking has been great throughout his career. To see how he can blow up guys like Malik Jackson and JJ Watt, and then to see how dominant he is in the passing game, without any team having an answer for him other than to attempt to injure him, is quite astounding.

You're making the mistake of thinking that giving out 99 OVR has some huge adverse effect on gameplay. There were things in previous games that were far more egregious. 99 OVR ratings should be among the lowest things on the list of concerns.

As far as "keeping us in a cycle of mediocrity" and your take on Madden 19 and beyond, I'm pretty sure you haven't played the beta, so I'm not going to take any of your opinions seriously on the matter.
> Not being the most athletic or not having the strongest arm in the league isn't going to keep him from being the best at his position in the NFL

Dude, I'm not repeating 50 times after this, I'll give you one last chance to get it

Being the "best" at your position in the NFL (this is still highly debatable) does not justify a 99 overall. I specifically pointed out parts of his game that factor into a QBs rating - so he's 99 with nearly not athleticism and an average arm? WHY? So a statue QB who isn't elusive and needs a clean pocket deserves a 99? There's an obvious flaw to his game couples with a middling arm. There's actually a better argument for Rodgers being 99 since he's athletic, arguably has BETTER accuracy than Brady, still has a strong arm - he's the "Best" in terms of Madden QBs, based on what they include within their ratings for a QB. Yet, Brady who is a statue QB and weak arm is comparable to an all-around great QB? Give me a break.

> He hasn't played in a single system. He has played in several different systems throughout his career in the NFL. Unsurprisingly, he has excelled in all of them.

First off, Brady was just a good to borderline great QB for the first 6 years of his career (he was surrounded by great talent) - Around that time he was throwing less than 30 TDs and double digit INTs nearly every season. He blossomed again in 2007 with the addition of Moss and Welker and the evolution of the spread.

Brady has played within a spread system, this hasn't changed, he's help redefine it the way Montana and Walsh brought in the west coast. There wasn't a "variety" of different systems - you don't know what you're talking about.

You're either trolling or being obtuse on purpose. Start being a serious guy before I entertain your posts any further. Thanks.