Old 06-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #116
TB5XSBW
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm well aware. I still question its legitimacy.

Even if we allow that the piece is purely representative of what NFL players actually think, Aaron Rodgers has not played against the following teams in at least three seasons:

Baltimore Ravens (2013)
Buffalo Bills (2014)
Cleveland Browns (2013)
Miami Dolphins (2014)
New Orleans Saints (2014)
New England Patriots (2014)
New York Jets (2014)
Pittsburgh Steelers (2009)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2014)

The vast majority of players and coaches on these teams would have neither the time nor justification to ever watch Aaron Rodgers play football, as opposed to the game film of their upcoming opponents actually on the schedule. You and I both have probably watched more Aaron Rodgers games than some players on these teams over that time span. To that end, the NFL Hot 100 is no more legitimate than the FBS coaches poll, in which many college football coaches have openly admitted they don't watch teams and just read box scores. Hell, Steve Spurrier used to vote for Duke every season in the poll because he could. What I'm arguing here is that proximity doesn't necessarily equate to expertise.

If you're going to make an argument for Brady being better than Rodgers, you're going to have to bring something stronger.
We've already gone over the numerous records, cumulative and single game, that he holds, in both regular and postseason. We know about the numerous game winning drives he has. We know about the 5 rings and 4 SB MVPs. You've got most analysts, experts, current players, former players, who say he's the best. At some point you have to stop being salty, wake up, and face reality.