Old 07-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #89
SilverBullet19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Why not just have a demo? I don't like taking other people's word for issues being fixed or not. Watching sportsgamersonline for example, my opinion of the game changes from vid to vid. I've recently gone from "I'm buying madden 19" to "Man...I don't know about that."

I'm also confused about the criteria of being selected. I don't buy madden every year, but I've bought most of them, and ea sports games in general, yet I didn't get the beta. So I can't help but feel a little disappointed by not being selected. Have a demo for everyone so that we can see if we think the game is worth buying ourselves.

A demo is different than a beta though. I agree a free demo is nice, but if that ever was an option it would likely come out when the game is released. The beta is to fix issues, not demo the game to attract buyers. It seems a lot of people think of the beta as a demo and are just upset they didn’t get to preview their game. I got a code. If this was a demo and not beta, I’d be turned off from the game due to its issues. Luckily they’re being resolved. Obviously I can’t say more due to the NDA.

I also don’t buy madden every year but I’m an avid gamer. I get being disappointed in not getting a code but dude, there’s a crap ton of gamers just like you and me. It’s luck of the draw with such a big pot of people to choose from, not like they specifically avoided people.

I was on the fence. Last madden I got was 17, as I usually skip a year or two between purchases. I was probably going to buy, now I am for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan