Old 07-02-2018, 12:02 AM   #2
howardphillips214
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we talk about bigs in NBA 2k19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
Something has to be done, it's been going on too long where these kids Max out their centers and are good at doing everything.

Small undersized Centers are so underappreciated in this game it's ridiculous. I shouldn't feel the need to the be a clumsy 7'3 340lbs, but that seems to be the case.

Look at the NBA big men like Towns, Porzingis, Dwight, and Davis. All those dudes are 7' and no more than 250 and dominate the NBA. So why can't I make a regular sized center and do the same? A small 7' Hakeem Olajuwan would've been dominated in 2k's world.

2k really needs to magnify the disadvantages with size. It really needs to be addressed because all I do is play big man in Pro Am
This has been covered extensively in another thread. I told them what I'll tell you. 7' athletic is the best center hands down. I get all the contacts, even driving, and i can dominate my match up. I'm just too fast at the 5. My buddy has a 6'10 pure athletic with 70 something speed and HE'S not much faster than me at 63! That means my long legs just cover too much ground. Anyone shorter then me at the 5 gets dominated. I mean, straight brutalized. I'd you're taller than me and NOT rebounding first I'll destroy you on the glass because i can beat you to your spot. If I'm boxing you OUTSIDE the paint, you're not getting the board.

Only times i get dusted or flat out outplayed are when my other big is an AI. If I've got a GUARD boxing at the 4 i could run big at the 5 all day. It's when you DO kick me to the 4?!

All hell breaks loose. As dominant as i am at the 5 I'm tremendous at the 4. I'll be the whole team. I've had most of my 40 point games at the 4.