Old 07-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #9
SilverBullet19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: From defense to nonexistent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win00
I'm not talking about the difficulty. I'm talking about the button versus the right stick. I'm not a fan of the button input on the defensive front
I can appreciate that viewpoint. The way you phrased it before though, you could "wreak havoc" with the stick but now its all timing with the buttons...that made it sound like you missed it being much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
First, it’s a travesty that line interaction is patty cake until you time a button.

Second, I feel like timing AND your momentum vector should play a role (including control of your hands or body angle). Using the right stick to simulate the sumo-aspect of line interaction (hand fighting, dipping, club moves, etc) COMBINED with timing would be ideal.
I would be on board with this. Right now, the big challenge is "which button is it going to tell me to push," which I get like 50/50. The downfall is you start to figure out which move your guy does best and can guess that sooner, and break through the line. It's still not overwhelming in terms of rush, as a user I think I managed 20 sacks in a season with Demarcus Lawrence. So it was higher than "average," but I was using a good DE and the game tends to favor the user.

Typically I use the MLB so it doesn't effect me as much.

I'd enjoy the added challenge of needing to use both buttons and the stick to break free.

Major Boise State fan