Old 07-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
jahswill
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: No Assist On, Why Do User Controlled Players Move On Their On

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
Basically the way the game works, " the CPU controls the guy you have selected until you press the left stick to move them." So if you are on a LB or DL, if you don't input movement at the time of the snap they will be auto-controlled until you do so.
Same if you switch control of players, the player you switch to will be cpu controlled until you input any player movement.

I sort of use the CPU control when switching to a DB until I can see who it gives me control of for a second, then I move them manually on my own.

And none of this CPU control matters whether you have it on Pro or All-Madden. I mostly play AM and this is how it has worked for a few years that I remember.

It's likely you aren't moving your player fast enough post-snap and the CPU is taking a step or 2 with them until you are inputting movement.
I usually hold the left analog stick before the snap to prevent that from happening. But sometimes the cpu will still move my man. But the part in quotations is exactly what I mean, why should the CPU control my man because I didn't move him. It's all Madden, I don't need the cpu moving my man period. Sometimes I want to take a 1/2 second to decipher the play before I move. I understand that happening after switching men.

Last edited by jahswill; 07-09-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Wanted to do a specific quote.