View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #94
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Released (All of them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
You keep noting your displeasure about the ratings when we have yet to get the final build to see how the “reworked” formulas for ratings will be that Clint has noted have been redone.

Shouldn’t we wait until we get the game in our hands before we cliff jump on what is/isn’t dealing with the game?
No one is cliff jumping. Chill with the hyperbole because I am criticizing the ratings. Going off of EA's history I'm going to be surprised if these reworkings are anything noticeable. Is the difference between an 85 rating and an 80 finally going to mean something or not? If not, then that is why all players tend to feel the same because everyone is rated on 1/7th of the scale making it pointless to have any ratings below 75.

Quote:
OVR’s are not the driving force behind AI roster building, matter fact, it’s a very small piece used in the management process.
- There’s a lot more under the hood that we don’t see on the front end that makes up what the AI does in the roster management area.
Overalls have long been the driving force behind practically every AI decision. They never alter their depth charts to start a player with a lower overall if they are younger and could benefit from the experience. They draft way too many players in the draft that are 1 overall better than a current player just because of that overall difference. They do the same exact thing in free agency. The only thing overall doesn't directly impact, but still has a big hand in is contracts. They are randomized at times, but still based off of player rankings which are based off of overalls.

Quote:
It’s a two-way street also.
I can guarantee if you put out your edited roster, there will be folks that don’t like what they see in your build and probably express the same sentiment that your edits don’t make sense.
Nowhere did I act like my ratings would be perfect. I really don't understand the point of mentioning this as it's common sense. Seems like an attack just because I am criticizing the game.

Quote:
- Especially when the Scheme Fit/Archetype application takes your front end “80” OVR rated player and drops him down to a “74” OVR inside CFM.
That doesn't change the fact that we have access to the ratings right now and can still see they are inflated very much and that there is still too little differentiation between the majority of players. The schemes will change the overall calculation, nothing else, so the archetype/fit doesn't have much to do with what I am criticizing at the moment.

― Plato