View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 11:18 PM   #130
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think you are missing the point. I am not saying 40 times are the end all for determining speed. I've never alluded to that. My issue is the inconsistencies and the inflation to get certain players to certain overalls.

I'll go back to Tom Brady. Why is his arm strength rated a 96? Why does arm strength only go as low as 79? Why not use more of the scale and accurately. Anyone who has watched Tom Brady over the last 3 years knows that arm isn't anywhere close to a 96 out of 99 when judging its strength.

We still have Gronk rated like he is in his prime. He's an 83 run blocker while Charles Clay is a 63? Huh?? Sean Lee has an 83 injury rating? The guy can't breathe without missing a few games as a result. Sean Lee is also up points this year at a 96 overall. Ryan Kerrigan, a guy in JJ Watt and Von Miller territory, is an 87.

There is way too much inconsistency with the ratings and I honestly think it boils down to having one man do the work(I guess he got some help from a former player this year). He's in over his head and it clearly shows in the ratings.
I’m a Sim gamer.

The can use whatever grading mechanism they want.
Just want players to...
1) play similiar to their likeness
2) show some Player Differentiation during gameplay
3) AI present some form of challenge to me as a gamer

Stats can be as accurate, with every I dotted and T crossed, but if these three elements are not presented through the system EA uses (ie Ratings), it’s nothing more than a Text based simulation that just churning data out.

Instead of doing this challeng of data ideology against the guy, I think it would be more advantageous to ask “what will the different THP levels produce during gameplay”?
- it may highlight the gameplay purpose and bring understanding to why each QB THP is rated at that level

I know that 100%, OS would benefit more by provoking for more of his insights, rather than challenging his knowledge/ability on the work he’s doing as part of the Dev Team.

A Madden dev is in this forum communicating with us when he doesn’t have to be here.

I really hope folks keep that in mind before they hit Submit Reply to their post!!!