View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 05:37 PM   #118
SilverBullet19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Wildcard teams are some of the worst teams in the league. The vast majority of them are barely any better than teams that missed the playoffs, and sometimes they're worse. That's just the way it is.

Brady holds most of the single game postseason records too, not just the cumulative ones.
That's why I didn't debate his regular season records. He's a hell of a QB, absolutely. When you have the most playoff games of any player in NFL history, you're going to have more records.

I honestly don't know how you are sticking to an argument about wildcard teams being some of the worst. That's losing some serious credibility dude. You can't throw that in there to discredit Rodgers. That argument just does not hold water.

Lets just use 2017 as an example:

AFC wildcard teams were both 9-7. The wildcard teams had at least 2 more wins than half the conference. The average wins for teams that didn't make the playoffs was 4.6. The AFC wildcard teams averaged twice as many wins as a non-playoff average.

NFC wildcard teams were 11-5 and 10-6. They both had at least 2 more wins that 7 teams in the conference. The average wins for non playoff teams was 6.8. Let's call it 7...the NFC wildcard teams averaged 3.5 more wins than non-playoff average.

Just based on record, the wildcard teams are not "marginally" better, and definitely not worse. They're better than non-playoff teams, and not "some of the worst in the league," as you say...that's just the way it is.

Major Boise State fan