Old 08-07-2018, 06:31 AM   #6
vertman
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M19 1985 Season Roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Hello all. Just wanted to let you know my plans.

I will be creating the 1985 roster and draft classes to go with it!
Armor and Sword is working with me on the draft classes and I cannot thank him enough for his help.

What to expect:
For the roster itself each team will have its complete 1985 roster. The expansion teams will be based on USFL team rosters.

Those that are familiar with my work you know the time and attention I put into these rosters. I try to match player ht, wt, and age/experience as much as I can. It will not be perfect until EA gives me the ability to edit all of those things in the main menu. (that is another story and source of frustration)
All players on the team rosters will be wearing accurate equipment. Due to EA limitations I sometimes have to make changes, but all equipment we have the mid-80s look.

Ratings:
I have been making classic rosters for several years now and I have created formulas based on statistics to establish many ratings. I also watch a lot of classic football and I believe I have a pretty deep base of football knowledge to use to help in the ratings process. Also, over the years I have done so much testing on how ratings work and effect one another I believe my rating system plays great on the field and does a nice job in terms of sim stats. EA should probably just hire me. lol
While I try to stay somewhat close to EAs rating system, there are things I alter to make the game play and sim better. I want the game play to feel like 1985 football. That requires some changes in certain ratings. I can elaborate on that if anyone wants specifics.

What I am excited about is the ability to create draft classes where I can set the rookie ratings to match my rating system. That will allow everyone to keep your franchises going for a few years without having to worry about rookies coming in and breaking the game.

I edit some free agents to real names, ratings and equipment; but, I also try to minimize the impact free agents will have in he first year by lowering them to around 70 OVR of less.

Draft Classes:
Armor and I are planning on making at least 3 (possibly more) years of draft classes. So, you will have the actual 1986, 1987, 1988 draft classes to use. All players in the draft classes will have the correct college and equipment and their ratings will coincide with the base roster. I will throw some possible gems to find in the draft as well as some busts, so make sure you scout well.

Important:
Please be patient! Roster creation is a HUGE undertaking and with the new ratings EA introduced this year I have some testing to do. Once I have at least a division finished I will start uploading the roster on Madden Share for everyone to test and enjoy. That is also your opportunity to provide feedback. If I misspelled someone's name, let me know. If I made an equipment mistake, tell me. If you disagree with my rating for a particular player you can let me know; but do not expect me to simply change it. I will look into your concern and see if a change is necessary. The point is, I want feedback from you.

Timeline:
I really do not have one. The base roster will probably not be finished until sometime in October. Yes, October! Like I said, it is a long process and I have a full time job, family, and I coach. I put in all the time I can into making the rosters.
As for the draft classes: Armor will start working on naming and setting hts and wts for the draft classes once he gets the game. Depending on his time it is possible that he will have 1986 and 1987 finished with that part by the time I am done with the base roster. Then I will go back and take care of the equipment and ratings. So, the draft classes will come out AFTER the base roster.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the roster or the process. I will try to keep you updated about progress as I go. I will get the game tonight and spend a few hours with it. I do not anticipate beginning the process for the roster until this weekend or early next week. I have a lot of testing to do with the game.
Sounds like a daunting task, thank you guys for your massive amount of work and detail.This and the fact that OSFM will be doing current rosters has made me purchase the game on PS4 this year instead of Xbox. Come on October! Wait lets enjoy summer first, lol
Cant wait to see my 85 Vikings.