Rookie

Anton10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2019 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
Played about 20 games - with different teams and different light situations

PROS
- Player models, textures, sizes, etc look very good. You can tell immediately who is who.
- Stadium light, shadows, grass look very good
- The areal battles look phenomenal. Really stark improvement here
- Passes do not complete as often as 18 (both human and CPU)
- Shooting feels spot on - both in terms of power and accuracy. It feels really rewarding to bang one in from distance (or even when you miss - it just feels right and exciting)
- Lots of battles and scraps in midfield
- Not sure if it was just me, but I saw many more fouls called on the CPU
- New dynamic subs is a good touch
- The spin of the ball looks amazing when performing high passes

CONS
- Once again the CPU will always magically find a man when booting / clearing the ball
- Playing defence is once again frustrating. The game does not reward good positioning as the CPU will always find a pin point pass (even on Pro level) even if you are covering the passing lane
- Putting pressure on the CPU counts for nothing - they will always find a pass
- Way too many offside calls
- The midfield is once again very empty. Players split in two groups and leave huge spaces in midfield
- Running feels awkward (too slow and at the same speed, with the same animation). You don't get the sense of urgency, explosiveness and edge when you are on the break.
- Shielding / protecting the ball is badly missed as a feature. Konami really should learn from FIFA as they have done a great job there
- Powering up a pass is often too slow.
- Once again players stumble for too long when dispossessed and take forever to recover
Good summary mate.

A few times I have closed the attacker down and the CPU just chips the ball over my player to another attacker even when there are safer options to the side. The passing around is better but it's a bit unrealistic as you don't see that many chip passes in actual football. Anyone else noticed this?