View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #66
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Here is the other side of that Josh. Higher thresh (I simply tested at default 50 and noticed this) allowed defenders to track down on the backside far too easily while I was being patient with my RB and OL waiting for a crease or cut back lane.

Once I lowered the thresh the offense opened up more. Now I am seeing nice chunk yardage runs by both the human and CPU.

As far as screens and counters. I got my feet under me with the sticks and controlling the momentum and foot planting far better than two dats ago. I am having success with counters and screens when I call them in the right situation against the right defense.

Just some feedback here my man.
Good stuff bro!

The backside pursuit concern makes sense - I totally get what you're saying. However, I'm thinking that a slight increase in thresh could also tone-down defender acceleration AND delay the o-linemen from releasing blocks and running upfield too quickly (which has been leaving the backside open a bit too soon), which will actually open up things a bit more. It's a super delicate balance though....which is why I'll be re-starting with pure default as I go to adjust it.

My workday really needs to end soon so that I can begin diving in......

(As far as counters/screens/draws go....not worried about user execution....but CPU execution of those plays)