View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #179
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

⏭ Slider Update Log

8/12/18: Version 5: Hoping this will be the last of it. Have really enjoyed Version 4, so not many significant changes for Version 5, just some values that I needed to address as previously posted.

- CPU running directness
> Raised run blocking to 75, this allows the RB to focus on going forward versus looking at the blocks upfield. You can replay any runs and see that the RB is literally looking at a block either to the left or right of them, and they are reacting to that, instead of focusing on going forward. With raising RBL to 75, they are now more "confident" the blocks are there and they are free to go forward, relative to their trait.

- User running ease
> Bumping tackle value by a little bit, in addition to dropping Facemask to 45 has allowed more sure tackling, and more finishing tackling. This means that the runner may not go down on the initial tackle but there will be someone to clean up and finish it soon after. Dropped fumbles value from 52/53 as well because there was no longer a risk/reward for the hit-stick, and that is badly needed when facing any kind of runner. Lastly, also lowered the RBL value for the human from 58 to 52. This allows a tad bit more shedding of the tackle, but not so much that every single snap is blown up. I paid extra attention to the screens as well on this, as Version 4 was the first time screens were actually working for me.

- Interceptions amount
> Simply bumped this down to 30 from 40. Played it at 35 but the LBs were still snagging them better than receivers catching the ball at times. Good balance of "brick hands" to really skilled picks by secondary and some LBs.

- Slight bump in tackling
> This is more of a goal rather than an issue. Just to reiterate what was done here was obviously to increase tackle, but not by a whole lot, as the facemask adjustment will do that as well. I really hesitate in increasing tackle because it can become very "warpy" where the players start to warp to the ball carrier versus using actual momentum and logic.

So, with all that said, here are the changes for Version 5:

Face Mask: from 50 to 45
• Slight bump down to allow a bit more sure tackling as going higher results in more attempt at wrapping up, which can cause broken tackles.

Run Blocking: from 58/65 to 52/75
• Lowered for the user so there is a bit less push, but not so low that players are still getting caught in the backfield. Raising for CPU because the RB has been juking and spinning too often. Noticed in replay that the RB still looked at the blocks on his sides, versus focusing on the open grass in front of him. This adjustment gives them that much needed "confidence" to plow ahead.

Fumbles: from 52/53 to 48/48
• Wanted more risk and reward for hit sticks or big hits in general. There needs to be a chance of fumbles, and this adjustment has allowed that to happen. Have to remember to wrap up and mix up the plays.

Interceptions: from 40/40 to 30/30
• Dropped this down more and now it's in good spot between "brick hands" and skilled catches depending on the defender.

Tackling: from 30/30 to 32/32
• Very slight bump here to help the tackling effectiveness and less breaking of blocks each run.

FG Power: from 51/51 to 52/52
• Yes, giving them a bit more pump here as MVP brought up to me the CPU tends to kick the ball in the 59-65 yard range or so. Let's give them a chance, and a chance to miss with the field goal accuracy.

FG Accuracy: from 48/48 to 49/49
• I did bump this up just a tad because I started to see these terrible form kicks, definitely not NFL style. It looked like they were kicking in the snow, and the ball would be drilled low and through the posts.