View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
Cowboyfan_19
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyTeam has become unplayable

I thought MyTeam was already unplayable at the very beginning of the year when I was going after that Sapphire Marcus Camby card in Supermax.

The flaws in the gameplay mechanics on a standard game are magnified to the extreme in MyTeam due to the endless amount of absurd ratings and badges and even dunk tendencies.

MyTeam 2k16 was really fun because like you said, there were limitations to every card. There were no HOF badges either (which ruin the game).

Now, all you need is a 5 out set with a slasher to blow by or drive & kick for EASY 3s.

MyTeam is barely a notch below park mode in terms of arcadiness, and that completely closes the skill gap.

PNO is a lot better in terms of rewarding solid fundamental basketball, and I've been able to win 58% of my games with the sorry 2003 Mavs constantly having to go up against guys that use the '13 Heat, '12 Thunder, '08 Nuggets, '04 Lakers, & '96 Bulls, all significantly more talented teams. In MyTeam though, I don't think I've won more than 40% of my games with an all diamond squad. It's atrocious & you feel like you lose brain cells with each game seeing how dumb basketball is being rewarded play after play.

Last edited by Cowboyfan_19; 08-14-2018 at 05:28 PM.